Title: Payroll Administrator
Reports to: Sam Studley, Payroll Manager
Based at: Cardinal Head Office, Great Chesterford
To assist with the preparation, administration and general queries relating to the monthly and fortnightly payroll of all Cardinal Officers and weekly self-bills of Bought in Labour Providers.
- Assisting with ensuring that all payrolls are accurate before the deadline dates for fortnightly and monthly payroll.
- Assisting with all payroll queries from Cardinal Security officers, via the Employee Portal, email or telephone.
- Investigating and dealing with all queries from Bought in Labour Providers from weekly self-bills.
- Processing all starters and leavers from the business to ensure that payroll is updated at all times.
- Assisting HR with payroll elements regarding TUPE transfers in and out of the business.
- Ensuring that Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity, and Statutory Paternity Pay is processed correctly where applicable.
- Raising instances of continued SSP or AWOL to Cardinal HR in order for the correct procedures to be
- Raising of non-conformance reports to identify pay adjustments required on following payroll(s).
- Ensuring that correct paperwork has been received from all new starters prior to payroll cut-off.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Clear, logical thinking.
- Excellent and patient telephone manner.
- A respect for confidentiality.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Quick to pick up new systems – a lot of the work will be through Cardinal’s own computer systems.
- Some experience in payroll and/or business finance.
Manned guarding experience would be desirable but not essential.
Please contact Sam Banks: SBanks@thecardinalgroup.co.uk / 01799533648 – if you are interested in applying and would like to find out more.